Hello, Android Developers and learners! Welcome at FAQ Droid. Here I am with another new helping post ‘how to import projects in Android Studio’ under Android App Development Tutorial. In this post, we will learn to import an existing android studio project folder into the android studio. You can import any android studio project folder into the android studio and can customise that project.
Why should import a project in Android Studio?
You have the source code of any android project. You want to import that source code into Android studio, and then you want to see the code. You can also customise the project or any other things then you can use this import feature of the android studio.
Import Project into Android Studio
Here is the systematic simple guide to import project in Android Studio.
- Open the Android Studio.
- Now close, already open project
- From the Menu bar click on File >New> Import Project
- Now Choose a Destination Folder, from where you want to import project.
- Choose an Android Project.
- Now Click on “OK“.
- Done, your Project importing start.
Now point out the address where your android project file is located and then click on OK
Now your project is started importing in Android Studio.
How to set Gradle home while importing the existing project in Android studio?
After importing an existing project in Android studio, you will get a pop-up screen for import gradle project. Where you have to point out the location of the gradle home. So You do not need to worry more about it. Just here I guided the way to resolve this issue.
The Gradle plugin which contains bundled version of gradle. It is already installed on your computer system, during the installation of Android Studio, so you do not need to download manually.
Set Gradle home Location
For setting gradle home location, see the image below and click where the mouse is pointed
Now point out the address of gradle home as,
- Open folder where you installed the Android Studio.
- Then plugins >> gradle>>lib
- Now choose gradle-x.y.z (x.y.z is the version, so check your filesystem for the exact path)
Finally, click ‘OK‘ to finish.
Import an eclipse project in android studio
How to import an eclipse project in Android Studio? : Android Studio provides the best function for importing Eclipse ADT projects. Through this awesome functionality of android studio, we can create a new Android Studio project and app modules based current Eclipse Project. There will be no changes to your Eclipse project files. The Eclipse ADT workplace will be new Android Studio project
Here is step by step guide for ‘How to import eclipse project in Android Studio’
- Start Android Studio and close any open Android Studio projects.
- From the Android Studio menu select File > New > Import Project.
- Select the Eclipse ADT project folder with the AndroidManifest.XML file and click Ok.
4. Import Destination Directory: Choose a destination directory where you want to import your android project and then click Next.
5. Select the import option and click Finish.
According to these import option, you are allowing Android studio to replace .jar dependencies, library source and also allow to create Gradle.
How to import GitHub project in Android Studio?
Do you want to import a GitHub project in Android Studio? Then follow the steps bellow
1. Go to Github and download the GitHub project.
2.Unzip the GitHub project to a folder.
3.Open Android Studio.
4.Go to File->Import Project.
Then choose the specific project you want to import and then click Next->Finish
Subscribe us via email and get in touch with us. Feel free to ask your doubts in comments. Have a happy day, cheers.